Sunday 5 June 2011

CrunchyRoll.com

This website has gained popularity by exploiting Fan-subbed Asian media such as Anime and Dramas. By gaining this popularity, the website turned into a "legal" media provider and pays companies that own the rights to these media through means of "membership" and advertising. This is all well and good for the Anime and Drama industry in Asian countries such as Japan and Korea but the main problem comes after.

I have supported Crunchyroll.com since before it became "legit", I even became a member when it turned "legit", but I have noticed that Crunchyroll, who promised to remove advertising when you turn into a paying member, often logs you out from the website often. This lead to me seeing advertising even though I have paid my membership fees. I relogin the website and a few hours later, it logs me out again. So members, be wary that this site, though it does give you "no advertising" while you are logged in as a member, will often log you out in order to show more of their advertisement to members and non-members alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment